WINESPlease note: Vintages subject to change depending on availability.
100. Cataratto & Inzolia 2011 Borgo Selene, Marsala, Sicily (11.5%)A crisp, refreshing dry white from the Inzolia and Catarrato grapes, two of the indigenous Sicilian varieties that produce some of the best white wines to come from the island.
101. Verdejo 2011 Castillo de Tomas, Castilla La Mancha, Spain (12.5%)One of the new wave Spanish wines to be found in Central Spain. Scented and soft, yet crisp on the finish, makes this wine eminently appealing and drinkable.
102. Chardonnay 2011 Monrouby, Southern France (13%)A wine from the Eastern Languedoc that displays what decent Chardonnay is all about. It has a lifted melony character on the nose and nice roundness and richness on the palate.
103. Pinot Grigio 2011 Cortegiara, Veneto, Italy (12.5%)Excellent Pinot Grigio made by the negociant arm of the Allegrini family. This wine is packed with rich, fresh fruit flavours, honey and apple with an elegant dry finish.
104. Sauvignon Blanc 2011 Nativa, Central Valley, Chile (13.5%)Aromas of citrusy orange peel, passionfruit, white peach and crushed tomato leaf stand out on the nose. It has a lively palate with notes of white flowers that lead to a silky and enveloping finish. Oh and by the way, it’s organic!
112. Rosato 2011 Alpha Zeta, Veneto, Italy (12%)A vibrant coral pink colour gives way to a clean and delicately scented nose that has hints of cherries. On the palate, the wine is soft and rounded and highly drinkable.
200. Nerello & Nero D’Avola 2011 Borgo Selene, Marsala, Sicily (11.5%)Jammy, juicy, cherry fruit made from Nerello and Nero DíAvola. Soft, and very easy drinking.
201. Monastrell 2011 Molino Loco, Yecla, Spain (14%)Jammy, juicy, red from the workhorse vineyards in Spain located near Alicante. Soft, and very easy drinking, with finely grained tannins.
202. Malbec 2011 Valentin Bianchi, Argentina (14.5%)Dense colour, a spicy nose and dark liquorice fruit on the palate. This smooth, soft, approachable style shows the changing face of Argentinian winemaking at its best.
203. Beaujolais Villages 2011 Morel, Burgundy, France (12.5%)Ruby coloured wine with aromas of cranberries, cherries and raspberries. Well balanced on the palate with fruit and spice
characters, soft tannins and a long, elegant finish.
204. Shiraz & Viognier 2010 Willunga 100, McLaren Vale, Austraila (14.5%)Slightly spicy, juicy style, full of ripe black fruit. Easy-drinking and exceptionally quaffable owing to the co-fermentation with a very small amount of Viognier that results in a Ripasso style wine.
Prosecco Frizzante NV Colli Euganei, Veneto, Italy (10.5%)A light, fresh wine that has a nicely-balanced structure, lightly floral aromas and attractive fruit flavours.
SCOTTISH BEERS - sourced from local artisan brewers
Black Ball Stout - Williams (4.2%)The deep roasted malt offers hints of coffee on the nose. These develop into a huge velvet mouthful on the palate, that delivers an intense and robust bitter chocolate finish.
Craft Lager - Williams (4%)A crisp, refreshing Scottish craft lager.
Grozet–Williams (5%)A pale golden beer, with a refreshing fruit aroma, clean palate and fruity wheat flavour.
India Pale Ale – Knops (5%)Hoppy and invigorating, this pale ale stays true to the traditional style of IPA but with some contemporary elements
Crabbies Original Alcohol Ginger Beer (4%)Spicy, fresh and just delicious! Served on ice with a wedge of lemon or lime.
Musselburgh Broke – Knops (4.5%)Caramel, toffee and cocoa from the malts. A smooth, dry finish with dark malt astringency.
Embra – Stewart Brewing (5%)A classic full bodied amber beer with fruit aromas, malt and caramel flavours well balanced by a full yet soft bitterness.
Profanity Stout – Williams (7%)Black with a fresh roasted smell, smooth pineapple choc-roasted taste and smoky bitter finish.
St. Giles – Stewart Brewing (5%)Brewed with the intention of adding a slight twist to the Scotch Ale style and named after one of Edinburgh most famous
landmarks, St. Giles Cathedral. Dark, malty & smooth.
330ml £ 4.70
Froach Heather Ale – Williams (5%)A light amber ale with floral peaty aroma, a spicy herbal flavour and dry wine-like finish.
Innes and Gunn – Stellar Brands (6.6%)Think vanilla, toffee aromas, with a malty, lightly oaked palate and warm on the finish.
Thistly Cross Traditional Cider – Belhaven Fruit Farm (4.4%)A good full body with a refreshing sparkling taste. Fruity and aromatic, golden in the glass, with a clean apple finish.
Thistly Cross Strawberry Cider – Belhaven Fruit Farm (4%)Scottish strawberry infused cider.
CENTOTRE COFFEEOur ethically sourced, direct trade, 100% Arabica coffee comes from the Terra Santa plantation in Brazil. Roasted exclusively for Centotre and The Scottish Cafe.
Cappuccino / Cappuccino Doppio
Espresso / Espresso Doppio
Americano: Double shot coffee with hot or cold milk
Espresso Macchiato: Espresso with a dash of foamed milk
Decaffeinated coffee by the water extraction decaffeination method
Organic soya milk
EDINBURGH TEA COMPANY
Scottish Blend Tea
Direct Trade House Blends: Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Rooibos or Green Tea
Speciality Loose Leaf Teas: Super Fruit, Assam Golden Flower BOP, Lapsang Souchong or Ceylon Orange Pekoe
Herbal Infusions: Fresh Spearmint, Dried Peppermint, Camomile Flower or Rosemary and Fruit Infusion
Hot chocolate with steamed milk
Hot chocolate with whipped cream
Large steamed milk hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallow
Caffe Mocha: Large steamed milk hot chocolate with espresso shot
Children’s steamed milk hot chocolate
SCOTTISH MINERAL WATER & SOFT DRINKS
Deeside Mineral Water, Still / Sparkling
250ml £2.25 / 750ml £4.25
John Crabbie’s Traditional Cloudy Ginger Beer
Coke / Diet Coke
Children’s apple juice
FRESH JUICES & SMOOTHIES
Raeburn: Yoghurt smoothie with fresh berries and blossom honey
Blackadder: Fresh fruit smoothie with Cuddybridge, banana and seasonal berries
Cuddybridge Apple Juice
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Elderflower and organic cucumber refresher
Seasonal berry and fresh mint refresher